Sunday, November 20, 2016

My review for V.A. Dold's "First Kiss" from her new series K.I.S.S.



I love V.A. Dold's writing so I had no hesitation in reading her first book in her new K.I.S.S. series. Well, I was correct, it was just as good. We have two people who have sworn away from love. Both of them for different reasons, but both stubborn enough to stick to it. We have Joe, a widower with 2 kids, whose a ranch foreman and a modern day cowboy all the way from his boots to his Stetson. We also have Carol, who was betrayed by her boyfriend and has uprooted to come for a new beginning and help her friend set up a new medical office. The first time they meet each other is unexpected, but for Joe it, well it completely overwhelms him and he can't understand what's happening to him. Carol can't help but notice his good looks and gentlemanly manners. So they agree to have tea together. It progresses slowly but unknown to Joe, Carol's past includes a traumatic event, that along with her recent betrayal has her afraid to trust any man. Well that's all I can say without giving spoilers, but be prepared for a great love story that also has danger in a great Texas country background. But fate won't be turned away. I recommend this to anyone who loves a good cowboy romance, and all that comes from a past filled with heartaches and fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment